High Flight

Thursday, July 23, 2009

The basics this time; will try more later

We're here in Ghana! We made it in actually a little early. We had great flights all the way across, which was great for someone like me who is chicken to fly anyway, much less across an ocean. I didn't take the Xanax, you would be proud! We are all very tired from not really sleeping the night we left nor on the ocean flight. We're going to take an hour or so to "freshen up" (or in my case, feed the hungry blog monster), then go out looking around town here in the area. This computer, by the way, is VERY slow. So I won't likely be able to post photos just yet, unless I happen to find something in town. The phone and broadband seem to be great here, though. Random thought--Did you know that three of us on this trip are stay-at-home moms of very small children? Very unusual for a mission trip, much less across the globe. We are very thankful for our husbands allowing us to do so and caring for the kids. We expect to be used in this respect somehow, maybe working with the moms we meet here. Maybe just to be empowered beyond our important role at home, and maybe to empower other moms to step out and do trips like this one. I guess I should go at least look at my hair, take a power nap or something. Continue to pray!!!!

Posted via email from Christie's posterous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home