High Flight

Friday, January 18, 2008

Submission

OK, here's where some of you are going to write me off as a kook. At least I'm a Biblical kook. ;) 

Beth Stauffer wrote yesterday a very good piece in her blog about a woman's submission to her husband. This is a big topic with me after reading several books on marriage and this topic specifically. I wanted you to read her blog and my response (below): 


Beth,



I'm so glad you brought up this subject. It has been a source of major revelation to me over the past couple years.



I would recommend to anyone the book "Fascinating Womanhood," which goes into great detail the practical ways that we women can and should submit to their husbands. And I have found it true, there is GREAT power and liberation in submission!



The biggest fallback I see from other women (and I have managed to keep my mouth shut) after reading this is the way they speak to their husbands. He married you to be his helpmeet, not his momma, nag, or boss who's smarter than him. 



Sometimes it takes YEARS of letting a man make mistakes to reap the blessing. But it's soooo worth it. 

I'm still working on this, big time, but what I've learned to implement has been a great blessing in our marriage.



Kudos to you for bringing this up!

-Christie

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home