High Flight

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Leaving Las Vegas...

....for good.

(Come on, sing with me!)

Joe called in a few times today, but I'm finding it difficult to gather enough info to make a coherent blog about someone else's travels. 

Next time I'll just have to go along and write. ;) All I know is, he was leaving Los Vegas this evening, and late tonight stopped in Flagstaff, Arizona, I think. He sent you these photos!

There were a few comments about driving through Area 51 but being too afraid to stop -- not of aliens, but of the redneck ghetto community it's in! 

Also, he crossed over the Hoover Dam tonight, which had incredible security measures going on since it's a terrorist target. He had to stop on both ends. He said the dam is BIG, he means REALLY big. Like he had no IDEA it was that big. 

He said that the drive has actually been pretty nice, for someone who doesn't really like to drive that much. The bummer has been that the car doesn't have speakers!!! I had sent him with a bunch of CDs and audiobooks. He said tomorrow he might stop long enough to rig up his computer to play while he's motoring. 

Tomorrow he'll be on I-40, headed for home. Yay!

On the homefront, I've been letting Morgan stay up late and watch movies with me. Tonight was Jungle Book, which she got from her Aunt Jackie for Christmas. We've been up way too late, but I figure those are the sort of fun things she'll remember when she's older. 

Our friend Bridget came over this afternoon in need of cake-making assistance, as she was assigned to bring one to work tomorrow for a send-off party for a manager's last day. Any excuse for me to cook, right? But my Pampered Chef mechanical pastry bag thingy exploded with VERY RED writing icing inside and made a huge mess. (Not to worry if you buy Pampered Chef; they've since improved the design and eliminated the ring that broke on mine.)

Tomorrow Beth will come over to hang out, since both our hubbies are out of town. She's going to help me jazz up this website. Blogsite. Whatever it is.

Too long, again!! And I still want to tell about Joe's special present. Maybe another day...

1 Comments:

  • At December 31, 2007 at 10:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    fun times, fun times!!! yes that was quite a fun day i must admit. we shall have to do it again sometime soon! :) -Bridget

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home