High Flight

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Grand (Cherokee) Beginnings

Hey guys...we (OK, I [Christie]) finally got around to starting our blog. And it could be about so many deep, wonderful things... our Sunday School lessons, the meaning of Christmas, even what presents we got, etc. 

But not today.

Today, we start with what Joe has called "The Great Jeep Journey." Most of you know (all two people who might read this) about my super-cool old Cherokee Jeep that Joe bought me for Christmas. It is near Reno, Nevada, and it was to be shipped to us this week. Alas, the shipping company was of negligent work ethic, so Joe fired them. He's flying out tomorrow to drive it home himself.

He's so excited! My first inclination was to nag and beg for him to not do such a crazy thing. I did for about 30 seconds, and irritated him sufficiently. Then I remembered from several books I've read that I should LET HIM BE A MAN. This is an adventure, and he'll come back refreshed and fired up for his other manly responsibilities back home.

Anyway, I'll be posting his travel updates for the next couple days. I think it will be interesting to hear from him along the way and maybe get some photos from his cell phone, where it works!

Keep him him in your prayers for a safe, speedy and MANLY return!
                                                             

1 Comments:

  • At December 26, 2007 at 10:58 AM , Blogger Beth said...

    awesome! I'm so glad you got your blog going! Sorry I've been negligent in coming over to help get it going. My hubby will be out of town starting tomorrow, too, so we should get together and I can show you some more stuff on the blog.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home