High Flight

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Very Totally 80s Christmas


I thought that while we wait for updates from Joe (just took him to the airport tonight), I'll go ahead and open up discussion for Christmas presents.

Who got or gave something really cool?

It wasn't his "big" present, but one I got for Joe was pretty cool. It was the Trivial Pursuit Totally 80s version. I mentioned this at our Sunday School class party, that I had wanted to pick this up but couldn't bring myself to spend what they were asking for it. Then, while shopping for our Giving Tree family at Target, I saw it was on clearance. Guess the 80s aren't as cool as they thought. 

Anyway, the web site is really cool. So sad, with all the has-beens, but cool. Be sure to check out the commercial, directed by Ms. Cyndi Lauper herself.


Maybe tomorrow I'll tell about his "big" present. There's a story behind it, and I've already talked too much tonight.

Let me know about your best gifts given and received!

4 Comments:

  • At December 26, 2007 at 10:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Cyndi Lauper a has been? She just sold out concerts around the USA with the True Colors 2007 tour

     
  • At December 27, 2007 at 12:29 AM , Blogger Christie Ison said...

    Well, OK, I'll excuse her from that moniker. Trust me, I was/am a huge Cyndi fan. I did a lip sync to "True Colors" in the 6th grade talent show. That would have been 1986. (showing age)

    But there are a few doozies in the mix.

    Poor, poor Corey Feldman.

    Who said that, anyway?

     
  • At December 27, 2007 at 12:19 PM , Blogger Beth said...

    Sometimes you'll get comments from random people who stumble upon your website. I got some rude ones once and had to remove them. Anyways, my dad and I got John a really nice .300 Weatherby Rifle for Christmas. It was my dads and John always loved to shoot it when we would visit, so I paid dad some money and he gave John the gun. He was so surprised and is thrilled to have it.
    As for me, I absolutely loved all my gifts this year. John got me a really nice Bible and a Bible dictionary and I love it. And my mom got me and my sister these really cool platters that you put goodies on and sign the bottom with a sharpie and date it then pass it on to someone else next year. So, next year I get to sign the bottom and fill it with goodies and give it to someone. I can't wait. I thought that was so cool! Ok, enough of my ramblings. Talk to you soon. ~Beth

     
  • At December 31, 2007 at 12:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I gave Kim a bicycle that she had asked for (got up at 4:00AM Christmas morning to put it together for her!) She gave me a Archeological Study bible like Joe's (My old bible has "removable" sections...)
    Kim just sent me your link and I'm just going through your blog. Can't wait to try out the Trivial Pursuit!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home