High Flight

Sunday, December 30, 2007

For our Fans Everywhere

I'm realizing that this blog thing could be a great way to catch up with family that we hardly ever see, like my mom's family out west and Joe's relatives in Seattle and Corpus Christi. (You know who you are!) I've just been using it as a way to chat with friends who are already around here so far!

Soooo...the latest and greatest, of course, is baby Benjamin. He was born August 22 in a very dramatic, 2-hour, no-time-for-pain-meds fashion. Several of you received my TMI email with that story...I don't think I'll post it here. 

He is completely different from Morgan as a baby. She was fussy, colicky and cried -- no, screamed -- every night until 4 a.m. He is generally very happy, and he sleeps beautifully...goes to bed around 9 and sleeps until 7 if he is well fed before bed. Then he'll nap a bit more if I let him after breakfast. Awesome! God knew I couldn't handle another crying baby!

But Morgan is a wonderful child now! (Of course, she always was, just a non-sleeping wonderful child!) She started Kindergarten this year -- two days before Benjamin was born. I had worried that all the change at once would weird her out, and that she would be jealous, etc. Not at all...she's doing very well in school, is learning to read and write very well, and is absolutely in love with her baby brother. Our problem is keeping her from smothering the poor child with hugs and kisses!

As for us, we are now teaching a Sunday School class of young married couples. I guess we're cool enough to hang with the 20 year olds. ;) I should say that Joe is actually the teacher, and I chime in way more than I ought to. That used to be a pet peeve of mine, so I suppose I should cut it out. 

We do still have our business through Quixtar, as several of you have asked (for product). We've taken it a notch down from what it ought to be since Benjamin was born, but we're still building it and have some big plans for January. We have some really great, new young people on our team, and we are working on building our customer base. Thanks to those of you who buy XS, skincare, etc. from us.

Benjamin starts Mother's Day Out two days a week on Jan. 3, and that's when I'll start some business-to-business sales calls again that I had begun when I was pregnant. This was a lot of fun...I can be productive and still not have to have a "real job" that takes me away from the kiddos. (No offense to those of you who have to do that; this is just how it worked out for our family!)

We are trying to buy a house that we LOVE right across the street from Morgan's school. We've decided to put the whole thing in God's hands and not put ourselves into a burden trying to get it...we have to sell something first, and that hasn't happened just yet. But no stress, not today anyway. 

Once again, too much today. Let me know what's going on in your world! (Yes, that means leaving comments.)

2 Comments:

  • At December 31, 2007 at 11:38 AM , Blogger Beth said...

    I think it's great that our Sunday school class is so comfortable with each other that we can all chime in whenever. Everyone has great ideas and different ways of thinking about things and by sharing them, we all learn more. Keep it up girl, I love being in class with you guys. ~Beth

     
  • At January 1, 2008 at 11:12 PM , Blogger Christie Ison said...

    I love that we can all chime in, too...I get so much out of it that way!

    As for my big mouth, I was wanting to avoid always adding, correcting, etc., creating the impression that Joe isn't smart enough to teach well enough on his own. And as a guy, it's his job to admonish and challenge (in a positive way), not mine!

    Thanks for always being there and having great things to add!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home