High Flight

Saturday, March 1, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

I've been tagged to write about seven things that most people wouldn't know about me. Beth, this is for you!

1. I, too, have a degree in Journalism and have loved writing since early elementary school. I was always the (only) one who got excited in school when the teacher said, "Let's do a creative writing exercise!" I followed the PR track rather than true journalism, but have not done much of that since staying home with kiddos.

2. It is in my life to-do list to someday write a book, probably several. I've planned on this since about the fifth grade, although the topics change over time. I have a book half written already in my head about television and its impact on the family.

3. I guess that leads to another one -- I have a life to-do list! I had a really great one that was in my planner that I LOST (that's right, the whole planner). What I can remember includes starting to play the violin again, writing a book, visiting eastern Africa.

4. I am a spelling, grammar and punctuation NAZI. The red pen queen. I can smell a misused apostrophe a mile away and have been known to call a business and let them know. I do tend to use fragments and such in digital media, though, so don't hate.

5. I was born in Pine Bluff and moved to Sherwood when I was halfway through first grade. Thank God. ;)

6. The one time I can remember going camping as a child, I got about 100 mosquito bites.

7. I do, however, make a heck of a good apple pie in a dutch oven over coals. (Learned from an expert at the museum where I used to work.)

1 Comments:

  • At March 6, 2008 at 11:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I haven't commented yet to your blog site, but I've been reading! I'll take you up on the red pen for my next term paper I have to write. And when we see you all next time, I'll take some of that pie too!
    From Doug (Joe's Cuz)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home