High Flight

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I Had No Idea

My last post in Ghana, other than on the way home, and I'm pretty much without words. I can't do the long post.

 I am overwhelmed.

 Today I had the privilege of leading or helping to lead several small grass-hut villages to the Lord. This was the real deal....small, family group villages headed by a chief patriarch. Chickens and goats running around the hard-
packed, bare dirt. A fetish (voodoo) rock god with a face on the path to the next village. I'll just summarize with this story. The first hut village we came to, several accepted our message. A very handsomely dressed older man came up and heard at the last minute and also accepted Christ. He then followed us to every village after that, to make sure we came to tell his family village as well. I had the privilege of doing our witnessing story with the group that was his family. "And he and all his family were saved...." sound familiar?

 My brain was absolute mush after that. I had to not speak for a while, even after getting back to that area's mission church, as we had hiked out quite a ways through narrow paths of tall fronds and pineapple fields. I'll have to finish later. Just know that God is at work here, and living our daily life we really, honestly have no sense of what He could do through us if we would just follow along. Ever see the movie "Contact?" Where she is overwhelmed and can only say, "I had no idea, I had no idea." That was today.

Posted via email from Christie's posterous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home